Gum Disease Facts & Videos
DID YOU KNOW:
- Several research studies have suggested that periodontal disease is connected to variety of other diseases, including heart disease, respiratory disorders diabetes and low birthrate babies.
- The bacteria associated with gum disease can travel into the blood stream and pose a threat to parts of the body….So healthy gums may lead to a healthier body.
- If you smoke you are twice as likely to have some form of periodontal disease (gum disease)
- The longer disease goes untreated, the deeper pockets between the tooth and gum will grow, and the bone that surrounds the tooth will gradually disappear, which can lead to tooth loss.
- Gum disease may progress painlessly and produce minimal obvious signs, even in the late stages of the disease.
- In 2010, 6,539 people in the UK were diagnosed with oral cancer
How gum disease progresses: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXI4AFEeHA8
Deep cleaning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEqLBc1TlkI
Brushing with an electric toothbrush: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkdgyXHEboE